|Subject:||Tourism Industry (TM002)|
|Date:||15th August 2013|
|Time:||5.00pm – 7.00pm|
|Location:||Core Zone, UNESCO Heritage Site, Georgetown, Penang.|
Objective of visitation:
- To understand and appreciate the rich tangible and intangible resources of attractions and tourism management in the UNESCO Heritage Sites.
- To be able to understand the concept of demand and supply through real live case study.
- To be able to distinguish between the different forms of tourism, and the relationship of different types of tourist with the environment.
- To foster a sense of pride in the rich diversity of local natural resources.
- To share a common bond which will hold the society together as a people and as a nation.
- To learn on the tourism development plans and programs of government.
Assignment Brief :
- Students are assigned to produce an analysis of tourism demand and supply in the selected study area within UNESCO Heritage Sites.
- Each group will be assigned a specific component of the tourism demand and supply such as accommodation, transportation, tourist attraction, food and beverage, etc.
- They should also provide an assessment report of the existing resources related to each tourism demand and supply components. Each recommendation provides should concerning the tourism plan component.
- Submission of the report is on Week 20 of the Academic calendar. Each group is required to give 30 minutes oral presentations, outlining the assessment and the recommendations report.
|Students taking photo at Wall Art
painting at Armenian Street in the Study Area.
|Road signboard of the study area.||Students are doing survey along Love Lane|
|Student’s findings of study area:
Joy stick small scale entrepreneurship
|The famous Chinese temple
at the clan jetty along Weld Quay.
|Goddess of Mercy Temple at Masjid Kapitan Keling.|